[filmscanners] SS4000 Plus not to Europe!

Two days ago, I spoke to Scandinavian Photo (with Roger, a guy I have spoken to
MANY times the last few months) who had just spoken to Polaroid who said that
Polaroid did not intend to sell SS4000 Plus at all in Europe!!

I was stunned, amazed, disappointed, ....

The reason for not taking it to Europe was of course the Economic problems of
Polaroid, that they couldn't afford to market the machine. But to me, I thought
that the SS4000 was so well known that the Plus version didn't need any new
marketing - it is just a very good upgrade of the well respected SS4000 (which
is not sold any more)!

I have been waiting for that SS4000 Plus ever since November last year, ever
since I heard of that it was "soon to be released". What a waste of good
technology not to sell the nice machine in Europe! What a waste of potential
income for Polaroid! I simply can't understand Polaroids decision. Is it
expensive to sell a machine already in production? A machine people already are
waiting for? Then why keep selling the 120 version which is such a low volume
thing? Strange! Now I have to rethink and buy something else....

Or is the above information actually misinformation?
David, please tell me that it is all wrong.....
(But I can't wait another half a year.)