----- Original Message -----
From: <TonySleep@halftone.co.uk>

The major, major advantage of slide is that there's an immediate reference
right there, you can see what it should look like. For many people that's
so conclusive a USP that nothing else matters. For me, that is a
disadvantage!  I'm generally photographing where slide's limitations, its
intrinsic contrast and restricted dynamic range, are a pain, and whatever I
get on slide is far away from what was there and what I want.