[filmscanners] my XP laptop is driving me crazy

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] my XP laptop is driving me crazy
  • From: "Dave King" <kingphoto@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 03:04:03 -0400

because I'm using it for scanning until I can get the desktop upgraded.
Actually, scanning isn't the problem (the processor is an Athalon 1.2 gig),
but Photoshop keeps crashing when running big files.  RAM is maxed out at
512 gig and I've tried different settings for Windows scratch disk size and
preferences.  One choice for example is between best memory performance,
programs or system cache.  Anyway, neither makes a difference.  I have
Photoshop's scratch disk pointed to an external firewire drive with lots of
room.  Slow I could live with, crashing however doesn't work.  It's a Sony
PCG-FXA49.  Does anyone have any suggestions other than a Titanium G4?

Dave