[filmscanners] Re: Re:GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!

The old interface was hardly readable, and had strange little drawers to
access different info.
To save film settings just press the "setting" button, and that gives you
the option to save the current settings with a name of your choice.
John
Anthony Atkielski writes:
What changed?  I have Nikon Scan 2.x on one machine and 3.1.2 on the other,
and they look like the same interfaces to me.

Also, if anyone knows how I can get Nikon Scan to memorize the film settings
I make for a given type of adapter (strip, slide, etc.) from one session to
the next, I'd appreciate hearing how it is done.  That was a problem in the
2.x version and it still seems to be a problem in the 3.x version.

> And the end product is excellent scans from
> pos and neg ...

Even the early versions I used always produced excellent scans.  The current
version with an LS-8000ED produces scans that are _almost_ perfect, and
require virtually no preparation at all ... and it does that without any
special tweaking of the parameters (I'm pretty much using the defaults at
the moment).