[filmscanners] Re: Re:GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!

John writes:

> I use Nikon scan all the time and I use
> Windows. The earlier NS did have an awful
> interface, but the current one is very user
> friendly.

What changed?  I have Nikon Scan 2.x on one machine and 3.1.2 on the other,
and they look like the same interfaces to me.

Also, if anyone knows how I can get Nikon Scan to memorize the film settings
I make for a given type of adapter (strip, slide, etc.) from one session to
the next, I'd appreciate hearing how it is done.  That was a problem in the
2.x version and it still seems to be a problem in the 3.x version.

> And the end product is excellent scans from
> pos and neg ...

Even the early versions I used always produced excellent scans.  The current
version with an LS-8000ED produces scans that are _almost_ perfect, and
require virtually no preparation at all ... and it does that without any
special tweaking of the parameters (I'm pretty much using the defaults at
the moment).