[filmscanners] Re: VueScan FIY (was: Polaroid's future)

>You don't have to worry so much about being accidentally associated with
> negative opinions about Ed's VueScan support

And why is that?  Can you guarentee that this will not happen?  I have
gotten in enough trouble for things that I have said and meant in my own
posts without having someone take a quote out of context that was
attributred to me and responded as if my quoted statement pertained to - if
it was not taken to be part and parcel of - statements made in the post that
has quoted me out of context.  I happen to disagree with your take on Ed.
You are free to have your opinions; but I have a right to object to having
my words on a different subject used in the same context as those which I
not only do not agree with but also were ojn a topic I was not addressing.

>Please, calm down your comments a little.

My comments were very calmn and in no way inflamatory.  I was publically
ruminating as to the reasons why my statements would have turned up in your
post .

>It did have. It was puting in contrast David's excellent support and Ed's
> recent degradation of it.

That must have been implicit because the comparison was definately not
appareant to me - or I doubt any one else.  If your intent was to compare
David to Ed, you should have explicitly drawn those comparisons in your
statements explicitly and not rely on the inclusion of my comments (or an
extract from them) without any verbal linkage as a means of expressing the
comparison you intended.

Tomek, do not take this as an indication that I am angry about this or with
you.  I just could not see any reason for my words being included as quoted
materials  in your post without any direct connections being made between
what I was saying and what you were saying or that we we even addressing the
sa,me topic.