[filmscanners] Re: VueScan FIY (was: Polaroid's future)

Yup... the Nikon 3.1 used to stink...

However, the latest version 3.12 is pretty ok.... have been using it quite a
bit of recent and must admit... no problems... of course, i don't try to do
too many scans at one time... but then my work methods are such that any way
i usually take one frame... scan in several variations... then in the photo
imaging application, do rough coreections or previews and then save the
one/s i like best to disc. Reopen nikonScan thru File/Import.... scan the
next two or three variations of the same subject.... etc... haven't tried it
for batch scanning but then, my workflow doesn't call for that kind of
stuff...

I'm a die hard VueScan fan... i do think that value for money and with all
Ed's inputs it's about the best piece of product going on a like to like
basis.... However, now that Nikon have solved their crashing problem with
the 3.12 release... i feel that the NikonScan is also pretty damn good...

My two bits worth... for what it's worth :)

Cheers...

Shunith