[filmscanners] Re: Dust on CCD? Artixscan 4000T/SS4000

I've no experience with your scanner, however, it seems to me that the
simplest thing would be to take a slide or negative that you'd previously
farmed out, scan it and compare that with the other. Also, to see whether
you have a dust problem, the best thing is to view the images in magnified
mode, probably x4 as a first try, and if you have a serious dust problem,
it should show up at that point. In general, the larger the prints, the
more of a problem you would have with dust, or scratches.
Hersch