[filmscanners] Re: Flattening negatives

Date sent:              Sun, 10 Mar 2002 14:21:20 +0100
Send reply to:          filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
From:                   "Matthias Felsch" <box2@mfelsch.de>
To:                     doogle@doogle.com
Subject:                [filmscanners] Re: Flattening negatives

Interesting.
I mainly do E-6 and often get unmounted rolls.
The pro place I use (dip and dunk) are flatter than the one hour place I
ocassionally use (roller
transport). I only use the one hour place when I'm in a bind, as the do Sat.
processing and the
other place doesn't. Maybe I need to test C-41. (actually, I'm not sure what
kind of processor the
pro lab uses for C-41, come to think of it).
Of course, curl aside, the one place is a joke, quality control wise, at least
for E-6. I can turn in
even something simple, like PowerPoint shot image and get different color
balance/density for
every day, and even bigger diffs from week to week. Same price both places, too.

Mac