[filmscanners] Re: cdrw drives

I think you are being unfair, then.

Yes, failures occur in any product line or any manufacturer, but Plextor
has a reasonable warranty (I don't know if HP has cut their drive
warranties to 90 day like many of their printers and scanners or not),
but Plextor is one year.

I found them to be very cooperative in terms of tech support (they had I
one year toll free service when I bought my drive) and, as I mentioned
in another post, they let me speak with a chief engineer when I was
feeling I was at a dead end with the tech support (due to my own error
in this case -- bad media!)

I'd give them another chance. Besides I very much doubt they will refund
your money, because they also know that prices have come down and speeds
have increased.  They might offer you a faster model however if you ask
nicely ;-)

Art