[filmscanners] Re: Is Minolta's Scan dual II a good buy?

I can attest to there having been production run problems with this and
the Elite II scanners which are both made by the same company (not
Minolta, BTW).

Some are fine, and good value for their cost, some are problematic and
downright defective out of box.  A pity, really, if their QC was better,
I would be more enthusiastic, because otherwise it is a good value.

Art