[filmscanners] Re: Colormatching with Canon S820/S900

>I think that everybody can. This is a system made by one person, so the
>interface is a bit simpler, "down to the basics" but the essential
>issue here is that this is a
>   put the film
>   preview
>   adjust the brightness (or rather gamma factor, this is what it is)
>   select color balance scheme
>   preview. Happy?
>   press scan.
>kind of system.

It's best to adjust brightness and color  (gamma) balance in Vuescan than
in PS?

I've read that, strictly speaking, Vuescan is not a Twain app.  How does it
talk to PS?

Another question: I downloaded a trial version some time ago.  There is a
row of icons at the bottom of the screen, but clicking them does
nothing.  I realize that to most of our list members, this is basic
stuff.  If I download the real thing, will I get documentation?

JP