[filmscanners] Re: Where can I actually *buy* an Nikon 8000ED?

>>The focus problem can be quite subtle.  I only noticed it on a few
images before I got my other scanner.  After rescanning many images and
looking at the Nikon scans side by side with the new scans I saw the
extent of the issue.  It was pretty consistent with 120 negs.  I can see
the difference in big prints quite clearly.  It was one of those
situations where I did not know I had a problem until I had a good point
of reference.<<

My point of reference was the Imacon II scanner, which is very sharp as long
as the negs aren't too long. The Nikon was comparable in sharpness, but with
fewer image quality problems than the Imacon. I'm sure the newer Imacon's
are a lot better, but they weren't available to me last year.