[filmscanners] RE: Where can I actually *buy* an Nikon 8000ED?

> My point of reference was the Imacon II scanner, which is
> very sharp as long as the negs aren't too long. The Nikon was
> comparable in sharpness, but with fewer image quality
> problems than the Imacon. I'm sure the newer Imacon's are a
> lot better, but they weren't available to me last year.

I looked at the Imacons as well but was pretty under whelmed by the
price/performance ratio.  The software did have a pretty good Colorsync
implementation though.  I did find there were focus issues with that
machine as well.  It's hard to avoid unless film is sandwiched in a
glass carrier or between a drum and clear sheet.  That's really the only
way to get consistent results, day in and day out.

Lawrence