[filmscanners] RE: Where can I actually *buy* an Nikon 8000ED?

> Lawrence
>
> Was this with the standard 120 holder that tensions the film,
> or did you use the glass carrier?
>
> Dick

Dick,

This was using the standard carrier.  I'll bet that the glass carrier
solves this problem nicely.  I would be miffed to have to spend the
extra $$ on a carrier in order to have consistent focus though.  As I
recall, they are not cheap.  It seems a bit much to have to buy the
carrier and some other scanning software(silverfast perhaps) that works
better than NikonScan or have the 8000 profiled in order to get the best
results from the thing.  Others have suggested Vuescan and I have used
it as well but find that while it works very well for negative film it
does not do the same for transparencies (YMMV).  All in all, the cost of
an 8000 seems like a lot of money to spend for bad engineering.

Lawrence