[filmscanners] Startup time for a Minolta Scan Elite

Hi,

I have a Minolta Scan Elite (that's' the original Elite, not the new Elite
II) which I have had for nearly a year. It gets light use, probably
averaging no more than a couple of hours per week.

Currently it takes nearly 4 minutes between switching it on and it having
finished it's calibration and being ready to scan, I'm sure that when it was
new it took less a minute, i.e. it was ready to go before my PC had finished
booting up.

Is this normal behaviour for an Elite? How long do other people's take to
'warm up'?

Should I be worried that it is about to fail (perhaps the lamp is dying)? If
so I want to get it sorted before the warrantee expires.

Martin Wiseman