[filmscanners] Re: Ice cubed

Art,

>Polaroid "elves" are busy whipping up some new tricks which
>just might make the cost of dICE less attractive

That's interesting to know - hopefully the wait won't be too long.

>and in fact, as you likely know, Ed Hamrick has his own
>versions of color return and grain suppression software

I never really got to grips with VS I much prefer Silverfast

Overall I don't think that the SS120 would really benefit from a form of
ICE however a version of ROC and especially GEM from either ASF or
Polaroid would be useful for 35mm work. Most of my work is MF but on the
occasion that I do scan 35mm the difference in quality is so noticeable
that some form of grain smoothing would be useful.

Trevor