[filmscanners] Re: slide holders for sprintscan

Dan,

This is such a common thing to happen that it must be considered a design
fault - and I think that replacement holders should be offered for free or
at a particular low price (cost price?) by Polaroid - after all, it's a
piece of plastic - what say,  David??

That not being the case:

I have quite a few slide holders, most of which have had broken (cracked)
flexible slide "arms" (around 15).

 I have repaired them using the very liquid (for high penetration and making
a mess :-) ) version of superglue.

Open up the crack by pressing moderately hard on the slide arm  while
applying the glue (don't break it completely off!). Close it and insert a
little folded piece of tissue betwen holder and arm to close the crack and
create a bit of pressure while drying. Dry off excess glue at once.

If this fails, then - repeat above operation -  glue a small, oblong piece
(say 4 x 6 mm) of plastic on the side of the arm where the crack is (one
millimeter thickness is enough). Take care that the thickness allows the
slide to be inserted (try it out without glue first on a working arm).

Preben