RE: filmscanners: Polaroid Insight vs. Silverfast AI vs. Vuescan

You got a deal!!!

 -----Original Message-----
From:   JackG [mailto:jackg@poboxes.com]
Sent:   Wednesday, December 05, 2001 3:04 PM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject:        Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Insight vs. Silverfast AI vs.
Vuescan

Hi David,

Maybe I got lucky, I purchased the SS 4000 on 9/25/01 from Micro Tech.
Some one on this list posted a URL location for the software upgrade at a
special price. I went to the location and after registering the machine etc
I got an E-mail from a nice woman in Fla who asked if I wanted the upgrade
for both. I am very busy this time of year and I haven't had time to use the
new scanner.  I didn't even know what HDR was at that time. She said the
upgrade for both was $20.00.
 I told her that for only another $10.00 I would take it and figure out what
it was later.
 She wanted me to e-mail my credit card number and since I did not want to
do that , I e-mailed her back and left my phone number and she called right
away. Downloaded it, installed it and I will start using it after Christmas.
Total credit card charge was $20.00 for both.

John in OKC