Re: filmscanners: Polaroid SS4000 / 4000+

Dave King wrote:
> Yes, and there are some who have said the "old" SS4000 you still own
> is better than the "new" Nikon regarding dynamic range and film plane
> DOF.  I'm not sure an upgrade would really get you better scans.

I'm trying to follow carefully all the threads on this list and from what I
learned, Nikon's dynamic range wasn't criticised earlier neither here nor in
computer/photo magazines. It certainly has some other drawbacks, like
shallow DOF or buggy software but not too small dynamic range.
Should I conclude that Polaroid 4000 will be better in this respect compared
to Nikon?

I recently tested Nikon 4000ED / Canon FS4000U and chose Nikon as the better
machine. Now I only have to compare Nikon to Polaroid or rather Microtek
ArtixScan 4000T which is available in good price in my country, unlike Pola.

Regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski
www.zakrzewski.art.pl

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.