Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED nightmares!!!

Thanks David - for the input.

Have been looking at the price here on both the SS120 and the LS8000 and now
find
there is A$1000 difference. So the choice is becoming clearer.  Its do I need
ICE
Cubes. But I do like what my LS2000 will do....

Rob

david soderman wrote:

> > If you have not experienced banding how do you run the LS8000 ?  Is it in
>the
> > fine mode?   Which makes scanning slow.
>
> I've just been running it in the normal (not fine) mode.  At 4000 ppi w/ICE,
> 8 bit, 1 pass...a 6x6 neg takes about 10 minutes.  That's on a 400 mhz G4
> w/1.5 gigs of RAM.  I have virtual memory turned off.  I have maximum memory
> alloted to photoshop. (Just shy of 1 gig).  Don't know if it's possible to
> increase the amount of memory in NikonScan when used as a plugin.  I'm
> starting to think it isn't.
>
> I'm a portrait photographer; not a scenic landscape photographer.  I haven't
> used the scanner all that much, but so far the banding hasn't been visible
> in the normal mode.
>
> Aside from the hassles of using it, I really can't complain about the actual
> scan quality itself.  I'm quite impressed with the scan results.
>
> Joyfully,  -david soderman- <><

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.