Re: filmscanners: Scanning large quantities of slides...

Ron

I would have a look at the cheaper Nikon Coolscan IV which scans at 2900dpi. But
if, as you say there are some doggy slides amongst your lot then you will need
the Digital ICE - which now seems better.

At present I can scan slides with my LS2000 at 2700 dpi and then print them out
at 4K (4032x2689) resolution on the Polaroid film recorder with no appreciable
difference in projection quality. I don't think that its absolutely necessary to
scan at 4000 dpi if you still have your originals available.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.