Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED nightmares!!!

> If you have not experienced banding how do you run the LS8000 ?  Is it in the
> fine mode?   Which makes scanning slow.

I've just been running it in the normal (not fine) mode.  At 4000 ppi w/ICE,
8 bit, 1 pass...a 6x6 neg takes about 10 minutes.  That's on a 400 mhz G4
w/1.5 gigs of RAM.  I have virtual memory turned off.  I have maximum memory
alloted to photoshop. (Just shy of 1 gig).  Don't know if it's possible to
increase the amount of memory in NikonScan when used as a plugin.  I'm
starting to think it isn't.

I'm a portrait photographer; not a scenic landscape photographer.  I haven't
used the scanner all that much, but so far the banding hasn't been visible
in the normal mode.

Aside from the hassles of using it, I really can't complain about the actual
scan quality itself.  I'm quite impressed with the scan results.

Joyfully,  -david soderman- <><

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.