filmscanners: Scanning large quantities of slides...

I'm being transferred into the tropics, and I don't really want to carry my
slide collection into that kind of environment...

I'm looking at acquiring a slide scanner to do this job...and I don't have
an unlimited budget...  It's all 35mm, no APS.  It's a mix of Kodachrome,
Ektachrome and Fujichrome...  I don't want to do them one at a time, and yet
I'm not sure I can afford the cost of the bulk loader with the Nikon 4000ED
or some equivalent...  I know I will need some form of help with the
dust/scratches (ICE or FARE, or something else?)... Not on all, but
certainly on the older ones...  However, the older ones are Kodachrome,
which I understand isn't helped much...

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Ron

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.