RE: filmscanners: Any real 4000x6000 camera back???

Austin wrote:
>I would conclude, without any
>further information, that is does use a color quad, and does interpolate the
>color information as was speculated in the other post.
>
>BTW, it would be 2000 x 2000, not 1000 x 1000... ;-)

So, pro photographers are being asked to pay an extortionate amount for a
device which will only give about 180 pixels per inch on an 11" x 8"
printout, from something originally taken on say a Hasselblad??

I understand your concerns and explanation of sensor operation, but if the
DCS Pro really only gives a 'true' 4Mp, surely the ouput will give the game
away - no-one in their right mind would pay that much for it.  I must be
missing something obvious..  (It's Friday, so my brain may be out of gear..)

mt

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.