Re: filmscanners: Re: LS8000 Banding Question

> Thats not good if big enlargements are required and I don't think that I
> could put up with that. Ill contact Nikon (Maxwells) now and see if they
> have come up with a fix or intend to come up with a fix.

I have an 8000 and I've had banding on maybe half a dozen images out of
hundreds scanned. The "fix", if you could call it that, is to scan in
superfine mode. There is a slight quality increase in superfine mode, so
it's not a bad trade-off.

I'd much rather have ICE and GEM available, and occasionally scan in
superfine mode when needed, than not to have those features at all.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.