Re: filmscanners: flatbed for printer calibration

Berry--

A year ago, I had similar equipment to yours, I bought the
ColorVision products you mention, and have been very happy with the
results.

Profiler RGB doesn't need a very fancy flatbed scanner to make good
printer profiles, but you'll probably need to tweak the sliders to
get the color balance and tonality right in the generated profile.
For this it would be really excellent if you could get some test
files with reference prints made on a properly profiled system.  This
way you can compare your prints to the reference prints and tweak the
profile generator until you get a great match.  If you can't find a
source of reference prints then I'd suggest downloading the PhotoDisk
test image and just winging it.

--Bill

--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com