filmscanners: VueScan and highlight/shadow pixel clipping--why? (SS4000)

I posted this question a few days ago but got no response so I am posting it
again.

I like using VueScan with my SS4000 scanner but I am consistently seeing
highlight and shadow pixel clipping on my transparency scans. When I use
Polaroid's Insight software for scanning, I get a nice histogram with no
pixel clipping.

I have tried Vuescan with 0% white point and 0% black point and still get
the same clipping. I am using ordinary settings on the color tab: brightness
1.1, gamma 2.2, etc.

Any reason this is happening?

Stan

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.