filmscanners: flatbed for printer calibration

I am considering getting some calibration software, namely ColorVision's
moniter spyder with PhotoCal ($199) and their Profiler RGB, both of which
seem to be very popular.  The latter requires one to have a flatbed scanner,
so I am wondering what flatbed would be decent for this purpose.  I really
don't want to spend any more than I have to for this, so any economical
suggestions would be appreciated.

For information, I am using Mac G4, Scan Dual II, Epson 1160, G4 ink, heavy
weight matte papers, and I'm still using my NEC MultiSync XV15.  I would
like the color control to be less trial and error, and better color.

Thanks,
Berry

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.