Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Digital ICE. To use or not?

> Moreno wrote:
> > I've heard others on this list complain about ICE's overall
> > softening of the image, but I can't see it (on 8000 scans).
> > Perhaps it's something that might be visible under a
> > microscope, but certainly not on a print.
>
> ICE certainly does soften the image on my LS30, but it may be that the
softening
> is less noticeable at 4000ppi with the new scanners.  The difference is
> visible on the screen - no microscope required.
>
> Rob

Jack mentioned in another post that the ICE software has improved since it's
earlier release; maybe that's the difference between the current scanners
and the LS30. ICE on the 8000 just seems to work well, regardless of the
scan size.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.