Re: filmscanners: Digital ICE. To use or not?

I have never found softening on my LS2000 that was not fixable by a little
bit of USM. In fact I find the *slight* softening that does occur to be
preferable and reduces apparent grain while not reducing image sharpness
after USM at all.  I think ICE is great and would never scan without it on
my scanner.

I am sure others will say my images aren't therefore sharp, and they might
be right, but my feeling is that the differences they notice might be more
due to differences between individual scanners than the images themselves.

Julian

At 07:38 20/11/01, you wrote:
>I owned the Nikon LS8000 for a little while and now I have the Minolta Scan
>Multi Pro.  I've read various things about how ICE can soften an image and
>http://www.luminous-landscape.com/ice.htm even has an article about how to
>lessen the problem.
>
>With both scanners, I wasn't able to detect any softening due to Digital
>ICE.  Is there something I'm missing?  Is there a particular situation where
>this would be more apparent?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Paul Wilson

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.