Re: filmscanners: Air cleaner

Bill

Thanks for the advice. I'm considering the Surround Air Ionizer promoted on
this website:

http://www.surroundair.com/ionorder.htm

Do you happen to know whether it's in the 'desirable' or 'undesirable'
category?

At the website, the company claims that a competitor's model *does* attract
dust to nearby surfaces, while they say theirs *does not*.

Salutations, David Lewiston

> David--
>
> I've used negative ion generators as air cleaners for years.  Thes
> just put out negative ions, whereas the new/current breed of "air
> cleaners" seem to add to this a positively charged sheet of foam that
> attracts the dust-- which is what I wanted to mention:  It's
> important to realize that the ionized dust will be attracted to any
> flat surfaces near the ionizer (walls, shelves, etc.), and that this
> build up of dust can be very "sticky" (hard to clean off).

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.