Re: filmscanners: Air cleaner

Jim

Thank you for your input.

> You might want to consider a HEPA air cleaner over an ionizer cleaner.
Ozone
> created as a byproduct may damage your prints.

It's very dusty on the leeward coast of Maui, where I live. HEPA filters are
quite expensive and would have to be replaced frequently. Hence my interest
in an ionizer cleaner. You write that "Ozone may damage prints." Regular
photographic prints? Or only inkjet prints?

My current focus is archiving everything rather than printing, so if regular
photographic materials -- transparencies, negs, Ilfochrome & B/W prints --
aren't harmed by ozone, then the ionizer cleaner may be the right choice.

Salutations, David L

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.