RE: filmscanners: Canon 4000 scanner VS Nikon LS4000

I agree with you Bill absolutely. LS IVED behaves in the same way. I agree
with units you mentioned - which applied to real word mean to "measure" via
the software uneveness of film position in the holder which must not be more
than 12 units and to put focus in the middle. If the number is higher than
app. 12 focus units I have to go with glass. Generally better eveness I get
with stripes than with single frames but that is logical.

My 0,02$

Vlad
o I have a number of these slides where the Nikon cannot produce
sharp scans across the entire image.

o The NikonScan software lets me place the focus point anywhere on
the image I like, and will give me razor sharp scans at that point.
However other regions of the image will consequently become blurry.

o When you manually set the focus point (by clicking the preview
image where you want the scanner to focus), the scanner will focus at
that point and report a number.  By clicking around you can compare
the various focus numbers.

o Regions that are within 6 focus units of the focus point (the
scanner just gives a number, doesn't say whether this represents
microns, angstroms, or what) will be substantially as sharp as at the
focus point.

o Regions that are 12 units different from the focus point will be
noticeably blurry.

o I have not done as much work with negative strips as I have with
slides. I do see some focus variation across negative images but so
far it doesn't seem as bad as for my most-curved slides.

--Bill
--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com

---
Príchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.298 / Virová báze: 161 - datum vydání: 13.11.2001

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.298 / Virová báze: 161 - datum vydání: 13.11.2001

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.