Re: filmscanners: W2K vuescan memory problems

> I'm having problems with Vuescan scanning very large scans, and getting
> memory warnings, like:
>
> Warning:
> Unable to allocate 638Mb memory
> Try increasing the amount of virtual memory

VueScan is giving out a warning?!? One thing I noticed about Vuescan is that
it does not give out any error messages at all. Is that a peculiarity of my
system?

I had a similar error when I tried opening scanned TIFFs larger than about
42MB, in my case PS was throwing up the error. Reinstalling PS helped (after
wiping the registry of all PS traces). Have you tried looking at the event
log, both system and application log? Have you checked task administrator for
how much memory is allocated?

Regards, Barbara

--
http://www.gmx.net