Re: filmscanners: 2700ppi a limiting factor in sharpness?

Rob,

You might want to look at the Voigtlander (Cosina) range of lenses.  Although
these
are primarily LTM manual focus rangefinder lenses, they have produced some
models
(I think the 75mm and 90mm) in SLR mounts as well.

By all accounts, these lenses may not be quite up there with Leica/Contax glass
but
they are pretty close and at a much lower cost.  I'd be very surprised if they
didn't
resolve detail way above the 2700ppi limit of your LS-30.  Maybe someone on the
list
with one of these lenses can comment?

Al Bond

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.