Re: filmscanners: OT: Places to ask about lenses?

>Sorry - I have been trying to take this thread offlist and failed to check
>the reply address on this one. :(
>
>FWIW I am looking to borrow a friend's camera to compare the quality of
>results with his prime lenses.  I want to get an idea of just how much
>improvement I should expect before I run out and  spend heaps on lenses.  Is
>this relevent to film scanning - yes, because if I can't see the improvement
>when scanning at 2700ppi I probably won't spend the money on the lens!
>
>Rob

It seems to me that the 2700 dpi is the limiting factor.  Rather like
the old joke about the senior citizen stereo sale special.  Doesn't
matter much how good the speakers are if you can't hear them.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.