Re: filmscanners: OT: Places to ask about lenses?

The Contax G1 can be purchased with the 35mm f2 lens,
and dedicated flash TLA200 for $799 new. The package
with the G2 uses the less expensive 45mm Tessar and
goes for over $1000. I know the G2 focusses faster and
I think has both active as well as passive AF. I think
the 45 is considered one of the sharpest (if not *the*
sharpest) standard lenses from any manufacturer.

I will say that some large prints I saw made from
these lenses (and professionally printed by A&I
Exhibition) were some of the most amazing prints I've
ever seen. These were 16x20 shot hand held. I think
the G series lenses can outperform any film in the
sharpness category. The ones I've seen the work of all
bowl me over. I would love to own the 16, 21, 35 and
45. As for the 90, I'd probably stay with my
Contax/Yashica mount SLR stuff, where I have the 100
f2 Planar.

Pat