RE: filmscanners: Pixels per inch vs DPI

> Fast sync speeds being desirable, maximum sync in any particular
> design is determined by that fastest speed where entire frame is still
> open at once.  Another one that doesn't require an engineering degree
> to understand:)

In simple terms, yes...the concept IS simple...but there may be other
factors involved (such as the mechanical timing of the sync closure,
latency, and possibly tolerance), which is what I am asking.  It may be that
the next speed up from synch is also fully open.  Shutter speeds can be
quite off from what they are labeled...so to allow margins, the next speed
down from one that is fully open may be the one they use for max sync speed,
possibly to assure reliability.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.