Re: filmscanners: Minolta Scan Multi Pro Manual URL

Ian Jackson wrote:
I will use the SCSI until I get my new PC and the use the Firewire for the
increased bandwidth.

I guess Ian was evaluating the image and that is a fair assessment.
However, there are some details in the print that weigh in favour of the
DSMP.  I believe no scanner can be perfect and ones choice is always made by
weighing up how much impact the negatives have and how much they outweigh
the positives.

I believe I will be happy with the DSMP and I hope to use it with Vuescan,
which does not concern itself with image quality to the eye but more with
pulling every last detail from the scan, and it is here that the DSMP I
believe will outgun the 8000.  Photoshop is almost a must with Vuescan but
the results can be stunning.

Simon

> Simon,
>
> Excellent!  Are you going to use the IEEE1394 or SCSI?   I note that
> IEEE1394 is not available with Windows XP Home only the XP professional
> although I don't know if a separate IEEE1394 /PCI card can be used with
> XP.
>
> I read the review and after also reading the manual this Minolta is for
> me too.
>
> Hoiwever I was surprised to read Bernhard's comment about the Nikon
> beating the Minolta "on every count" on the visual results.  I wonder if
> he was comparing the review pictures or the real thing?
>
> Ian

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.