filmscanners: Epson 2450 for MF film scanning?

I've been looking at the specification for the Epson Perfection 2450 flatbed
scanner and wondering how well it would do with medium format black and white
film scanning. Anyone tried it or know how it performs? Stated to be "2400 x
4800 resolution and internal and external 48 bit colour depth". I did try an
Epson 1200 for this purpose and there was no shadow detail at all and the
resolution was only good enough for small prints (barely), and I think I've even
thrown that scanner away since I now can't find it anywhere. But this one sounds
like it would have to be appreciably better. TIA for any info.

Joe B.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.