Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000 for 35mm?

Joe

I've had my LS8000 for about a month and have used it extensively for 35mm
and 120.  It's great for both, although I'm still pretty much a rookie at
scanning.  The only potential drawback I can see is that the 8000 does not
have the batch feeder that the 4000 accommodates, so scanning large
quantities of 35mm slides could take more time with the 8000.  If that's
not a problem for you, it should work as well as the 4000,  unless there's
something I'm unaware of.  (The Nikon manual calls 120 "brownie film" --
I've never thought of my Hasselblads as brownies, but why not?)

Dick C

>  Can anyone enlighten me- is the 8000 a good bet for both
>35mm AND medium format, or should I think again?
>
>Joe B.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.