Re: filmscanners: Canadian pricing on the Sprintscan 4000

I'm not David, and I only represent myself, but, really, Raymond.

First off, the web site David pointed to has nothing to do with
Polaroid.  They just happen to be one Canadian distributor of the
product.

Obviously, what happened is the refurb was in their supply chain from
when the SS4000 was selling, as it had been here in Canada, for $2200.
So, the reburb was discounted about $400 CAN.

The company then added the new listing showing the new pricing for new
SS4000 scanners to their website, at $1299 CAN and neglected to notice
or adjust the refurb model still in the system.  Big whoop...

Wow, that's a "really big error" that shows Polaroid's incompetence,
doesn't it?

If that's the kind of thing that turns you off a whole brand of
products, I've got some Nikon stories that will make your toes curl!

Now, if you want to be upset, compare the US pricing to that of Canada,
even after exchange rates.  I figured I could import the SS4000,
including all duties, taxes and shipping it twice to get it here through
the US for a savings of over $500 CAN ($320 US).

Now, that's something to be upset about!

Art

Raymond Carles wrote:

> David,
>
> That page (your link below) says: Sprintscan 4000 WIN "Refurb" for 1,799$
> and a Sprintscan 4000 MAC/WIN for 1,299$
>
> Two versions of the SS4000 and a "refurb" being more expensive than a new
> one... quite strange!
>
> This is one reason why Nikon finally had my business... sorry David!
>
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:44:16 -0400, Hemingway, David J wrote:
>
> >I have had several inquiries to the Sprintscan 4000 pricing in Canada. It
> >has be lowered significantly but not to the level here in the US. Here is a
> >link of one supplier which I think is representative.
> >
> >http://www.vistek.ca/digital/digresults.asp?Level1=SCANNERS&Level2=FLIM+SCAN
> >&Level3=35MM&Level4=&whichpage=2&pagesize=15
> >
> >David
> >

> --
> Have a good day!
>
> Raymond Carles