RE: filmscanners: Silverfast or Polarscan

No
You are not doing anything wrong. Vuescan are written to use virtual memory
on your hard disk if you not have enough raam memory in your machine. This
means  : turn on virtual memory  .The bad thing is: This
will slow down your machine on all applications . Best thing to do is -
install more memory, at least 500Mb if you are working with Vuescan and big
pictures. Im using 1.5 Gb raam memory on the latest
G4  and have no problem with Vuescan, and Vuescans  memory handling.
Best regards Mikael Risedal