filmscanners: Polaroid SS4000 & Vuescan

Good evening everyone,
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell everyone that I had a scanner with
a major problem. I spoke recently of a coincidence of the problem with an
upgrade of Vuescan software. There is nothing wrong with Vuescan!! My
Scanner was in the last throws of survival; I think.
    I sent my scanner back to Polaroid yesterday for repairs and my best
friend offered me the use of his SS-4000 because he has another scanner
presently. I plugged this into my computer system this evening and changed
nothing else. The scans from Vuescan and his SS-4000 are a great deal better
than what I was getting with "my" sick scanner. I look forward to the return
of mine once it is working well again.
I apologise to Ed Hamrick for any negative inference made in my earlier post
of this week.
Thankyou for your time.

Owen

" By concentrating on precision, one arrives at technique;
But by concentrating on technique, one does not arrive
at precision." -?

Owen P. Evans
Osgoode, Ontario. Canada
(near our Nation's Capital; Ottawa)