Re: filmscanners: The Nikon 4000 and Genuine Fractals

At 07:57 21-09-01 -0500, you wrote:
>I think you want to be careful.  I disagree with this position. Most bundled
>OEM software is licensed to the computer that has the equipment attached.  I
>would carefully read the license agreement before sending it to your son.
>It's not worth risking his career over this piece of software.  I don't know
>about the military, but at the company I work at, it is a 'fireable'
>offense.

You're absolutely right. I'll ask him to find out from his CO exactly what
is permitted and what isn't and meanwhile research the EULA more carefully
myself. He is just beginning his career in the Air Force as a computer
programmer. Contacting relatives and friends in the USAF is very difficult
right now but I'm sure that this software is the farthest thing from his
mind anyway.

> > >hardware
> > >
> > >Usually all software (bundled or not) allow one to give away the
>software,
> > >or in some cases even resell it, as long as certain conditions are met.
>The
> > >main provision being that you cannot retain possession of a copy on your
> > >computer or on a hard copy media like, floppy, tape or CD of the supplied
> > >program other than copies that have been purchased and registered
> > >independent of the one being given away or sold.
> >
> > All I want to do is give it to my son for use on his laptop with Pshop.
> > He's in the US Air Force on active duty and most definitely cannot have
> > unlicensed software on his computer. I'll just send him the entire disk
>and
> > packaging. Seeing as the CD also contains NikonScan 3.0 it is pretty much
> > useless to me anyway.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.