Re: OT: Motorola 70GHz CPU (was RE: filmscanners: That's some overclocking)

2001-09-05-15:38:34 Stan McQueen:
> (It has been said that Gallium Arsenide--GaAs--is the semiconductor
> material of the future, and it always will be.)

Yep, I remember when the transition in camera meters from CdS to
so-called "silicon blue cells" was getting well underway, pundits
opined that we shouldn't get too attached to (or worry too much about)
the characteristics of those silicon cells, 'cause they'd all be
replaced by Gallium Arsenide Real Soon Now.  That was... a few years
ago.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.