Re: filmscanners: Mr. Impatient - Me! <G>

In a message dated Tue, 14 Aug 2001  3:36:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Bob
Kehl - Kvernstoen, Kehl & Assoc." <BobKehl@kvernkehl.com> writes:

> Neil,
>
> Perhaps it works much differently in the UK, but here in the "colonies" I
> sought out a small, but reputable, professional camera dealer who had a list
> for people waiting to receive the LS-4000.  I gave him no money until the
> day I picked up my scanner.  He only receives a few each month, but, because
> he was a small dealer, his waiting list wasn't very long either.  Right now
> his list has five people on it and he receives 3 units per month, regularly.
> >

> Best Regards,
>
> Bob Kehl

This reminds me of a friend of mine who, many years ago, tried on a pair of
cowboy boots in a Texas shoe store.  He told the salesman that he really liked
the boots, but didn't like the fact that they cost $60 while the shoe store
across the street was selling the identical item for $30.  The salesman said,
"If they're cheaper across the street, why don't you buy them there?"  My
friend answered, "Because they're out of stock right now."  The salesman
responded, "Well, when I don't have them in stock, I only charge $15 a pair."

If it were me, I'd buy a Polaroid SS4000 (At $700US, it's a real bargain.  And
it's in stock, too.).  But then, I keep my slides clean, so I don't need
Nikon's dust buster circuitry.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.