Re: filmscanners: Custom ICC printer profiles

I too have wasted much time, ink and paper trying to make
custom profiles using ProfilerRGB. I gave up and was using
the Epson profiles. Then I got a custom profile made by
CDTobie. The custom profile gives me an excellent monitor
to Epson 1270 print match. I'm on a PC using Epson
ink & Epson Archival Matte Paper. I'd urge anyone
having problems with 'homemade' flat bed scanner
based profiles to consider trying a professionally made
custom profile.
-JimD

At 04:15 PM 8/10/01 -0500, Bob Kehl - Kvernstoen, Kehl & Assoc. wrote:
>From: Dana Trout <dana@troutcom.com>
>
> > Tony, your experience sounds just like mine. I also have an Epson photo
> > 1200 and also have way too many hours and hundreds of test prints, but
> > have yet to produce what I consider to be an acceptable print using
> > custom profiles, either from WiziWYG or ProfilerRGB.
> >   --Dana
>

> > From: Tony Sleep <TonySleep@halftone.co.uk>
> >
> > I have wasted maybe 100hrs mucking about with profiles and stuff on a
> > 1200,  read shedloads, tried the various things Ian Lyons suggests, and
>got
> > nowhere. All I have to show for it is 200+ rotten test prints. Not one
> > was  acceptable.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tony Sleep
>

>Tony & Dana,
>
>(and all fellow members of the IIC Printer Profile Muck About's Club),
>
>Sometimes the most valuable information gleaned from this list is to learn
>that you are not alone in your frustrations;  especially helpful for those
>of us who are homebased, working alone.
>
>Yesterday, I was about to give up on my Epson 2000P printer profile matching
>efforts after only 20 hours of mucking about and only 40 worthless prints or
>so .  After reading your posts I realized that perhaps my color matching
>skills are not so bad as I was beginning to believe.
>
>Today I have renewed hope.  I'm going to try again.  After all, I seem to be
>about 80 hrs and 160+ test prints behind the establish norm.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Bob Kehl

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.