Re: filmscanners: Custom ICC printer profiles

From: Dana Trout <dana@troutcom.com>

> Tony, your experience sounds just like mine. I also have an Epson photo
> 1200 and also have way too many hours and hundreds of test prints, but
> have yet to produce what I consider to be an acceptable print using
> custom profiles, either from WiziWYG or ProfilerRGB.
>   --Dana

> From: Tony Sleep <TonySleep@halftone.co.uk>
>
> I have wasted maybe 100hrs mucking about with profiles and stuff on a
> 1200,  read shedloads, tried the various things Ian Lyons suggests, and
got
> nowhere. All I have to show for it is 200+ rotten test prints. Not one
> was  acceptable.
>
> Regards
>
> Tony Sleep

Tony & Dana,

(and all fellow members of the IIC Printer Profile Muck About's Club),

Sometimes the most valuable information gleaned from this list is to learn
that you are not alone in your frustrations;  especially helpful for those
of us who are homebased, working alone.

Yesterday, I was about to give up on my Epson 2000P printer profile matching
efforts after only 20 hours of mucking about and only 40 worthless prints or
so .  After reading your posts I realized that perhaps my color matching
skills are not so bad as I was beginning to believe.

Today I have renewed hope.  I'm going to try again.  After all, I seem to be
about 80 hrs and 160+ test prints behind the establish norm.

Best Regards,

Bob Kehl

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.